Washington, DC - The US Water Alliance, a national organization advancing a sustainable water future for all, announced on March 9 several individuals who will join its restructured Board of Directors.
The US Water Alliance has realigned and refocused its work around the guiding principle of "One Water, One Future." The new Board of Directors will steer the organization into its next phase of expansion, with a focus on three strategic priorities: 1) educating and inspiring the nation about the true value of water and need for investment by hosting and staffing the Value of Water Coalition; 2) accelerating the adoption of one water management strategies; and 3) celebrating what works and driving innovation in the water sector.
The US Water Alliance honors the contributions of its previous Board of Directors. Under their guidance and leadership, the US Water Alliance has successfully advanced a number of key initiatives. The Mississippi River Nutrients Dialogues were visionary in scope and brought together an important and diverse group of stakeholders looking to improve the health of the Mississippi River Basin. The One Water Summit and US Water Prize are signature activities that bring together leaders, from across and beyond the water sector, who are making real change in the way the nation views and values water.
"We are grateful to the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) for their vision and foresight in creating the US Water Alliance, and the many talented board members who have steered the organization's direction since its founding in 2008. We are now diversifying the experience and background of the Board, refining the organization's strategic direction, and laying the foundation for the organization to thrive," said Dick Champion, founding board member and past chair of the US Water Alliance.
The newly restructured US Water Alliance Board of Directors includes:
• Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, PolicyLink
• Michael Carlin, Deputy General Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
• Al Cho, Vice President for Business Development and Strategy, Xylem
• Julius Ciaccia, Chief Executive Officer, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
• Paul Demit, Vice President, MWH Global
• Snehal Desai, Global Business Director, Dow Water & Process Solutions
• Monica Ellis, Chief Executive Officer, Global Environment and Technology Foundation & Global Water Challenge
• Hank Habicht, Managing Director, SAIL Capital Partners
• Jo Ann Macrina, Commissioner, Atlanta Department of Watershed Management
• Erik Meyers, Vice President, Conservation Fund
• Andy Richardson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Greeley & Hansen
• Kevin Shafer, Executive Director, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewer District
• Elisa Speranza, Corporate Director and Senior Vice President, CH2M
• Cindy Wallis-Lage, President, Global Water Business, Black & Veatch
• Roger Wolf, Director of Environmental Programs & Services, Iowa Soybean Association
The first full meeting of the newly elected Board of Directors is scheduled for April 12, 2016 in Washington, DC.
"The achievements of the US Water Alliance are a testament to the invaluable drive and inspiration that the members of our previous Board of Directors have provided us," said Radhika Fox, Chief Executive Officer of the US Water Alliance. "I will forever have a debt of gratitude to everyone who has served on the Board and shaped the Alliance to be what it is today. Water is no doubt the defining issue of our day, and I look forward to working with diverse partners and allies as we chart a sustainable water future for all."
The US Water Alliance also announced today the establishment of its Champions Circle- an esteemed group of former members of the US Water Alliance Board of Directors who have completed their service and will continue to play a leadership role in the organization as strategic supporters and advisors. The Champions Circle will continue to grow and past members of the Board are encouraged to join. The inaugural members of the Champions Circle include: Katherine Baer, Director of Science and Policy, The River Network; Rachel Brydon Jannetta, CEO, TestAmerica; Dick Champion, Director, Independence Water Pollution Control; Jim Clark, Senior Vice President, Black & Veatch; Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, Executive Director & General Counsel, Environmental Council of the States; Mary Ann Dickinson, President & CEO, Alliance for Water Efficiency; Mike Hightower, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories; Ken Kirk, Managing Director/Partner, American Infrastructure Holdings; Adam Krantz, CEO, National Association of Clean Water Agencies; Howard Neukrug, Retired Commissioner, Philadelphia Water; Michele Pla, Senior Program Manager, EPC Consultants, Inc.; Jim Stahl, Vice President, MWH Global; Jeff Theerman, Vice President and Senior Utility Consultant, Brown and Caldwell; Gina Wammock, President, Lakeview Strategic Services, LLC; and, Enrique Zaldivar, Director, LA Bureau of Sanitation.
For more information about the US Water Alliance, please visit www.uswateralliance.org.