CID eliminates labor-intensive coring concrete and concrete-over-metal-decking floors with through-penetrations for HVAC, plumbing, electrical pipe and cabling.
RectorSeal®, Houston, a leading manufacturer of quality firestop construction products, introduces the Metacaulk® Cast In-Place Device (CID) for firestopping HVAC, plumbing and electrical piping, and cabling through-penetrations in new construction concrete and concrete-over-metal-decking floors.
The CID features an internal Metacaulk intumescent firestop ring that swells during a fire, fills the void of the CID opening, and blocks flame/smoke from infiltrating through the floor for optimum protection of occupants and property. The CID carries Underwriters Laboratory (UL) testing and approval to UL 1479 for an F-rating of up to three hours and temperatures reaching a minimum of 1,800°F (982°C).
The heavy-duty crush-resistant, black plastic product line consists of eight-inch-tall (20-cm) CIDs available in construction trade size 2, 3, 4, and 6-inch-O.D. (5, 7.5, 10 and 15-cm). Each size accepts as many 4-inch-long, quick snap-fit extensions as needed for any concrete floor depth. Snap-fit metal decking floor adaptors also come in all four diameters and a tub box completes the product line for any through-penetration challenge. The CID snap-fit protection cap includes a label to identify future trade pipe designation.
Besides built-in firestop, the CID design also increases productivity and greatly reduces through-penetration prep time by up to 50-percent, because it eliminates labor-intensive, post-construction concrete floor coring. It quickly installs within seconds onto concrete forms using conventional nail, electric or pneumatic fastening tools and four fasteners. Another time-saving feature is the CID’s standard and metric height measurement guide identification markings for accurate cutting within ¼-inch (6.3-mm) increments.
The USA-made CID was tested in accordance with UL 1479 and ASTM E814, and is compliant with the International Building Code (IBC) and all other building code authorities.
Other benefits of the CID include:
• Capable of mixed multiple penetrations of pipe and cable;
• Small footprint combined with connection alignment stubs allow easy, unlimited ganging together for optimum through-penetrations per square foot;
• Flange design allows easy access and clearance for nail gun and screw drill housings;
• Expands during a fire and prevents flame and smoke leakage under UL 1479 and ASTM E814 test standards;
• Through-penetration firestopping is completed before the concrete pour;
• Snap-fit technology and height markings eliminate measurement inaccuracy associated with spiraling threads and resulting dangers of cross-threading extensions;
• Guaranteed to last the sustainable life of the building when applied via manufacturer's requirements;
• Intumescent expansion activation begins at 375°F (190°C) and expansion is greatest at 575 to 1,100°F (302 to 593°C).
The CID completes RectorSeal’s Metacaulk product line consisting of firestop smoke sealants, caulks, sprays, putties, electrical outlets, devices, joint and wrap strips and other fine firestop products. The CID is available from authorized Rectorseal wholesale distributors for the plumbing, HVAC, electrical and building construction trades.
For additional information on products from RectorSeal's construction division, visit www.rectorseal.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 800-231-3345.
About RectorSeal: The RectorSeal LLC is a leading manufacturer of chemical and specialty products designed for professional tradesmen. Steady growth over the years has been maintained through a commitment to providing high quality products and services. With a diversified business strategy, RectorSeal aggressively pursues new and unique technologies to serve the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and construction industries. RectorSeal is devoted to providing innovative quality products supported by strong customer and technical service.