The number of plumbing fixtures and appliances incorporating electronic elements has grown exponentially in recent months and IAPMO R&T has remained ahead of the curve by offering electro-plumbing product certification to
manufacturers of these new innovations.
From familiar products like electric spas and swimming pool pumps to hydromassage tubs and underwater luminaries, IAPMO R&T offers certification services to show each of these products is in full compliance with all of the applicable codes and standards that govern their performance, installation and use.
The hiring of Daniel Woodcock to head up this program is further proof of IAPMO R&T’s commitment to certifying this line of products. Mr. Woodcock brings more than 12 years experience conducting electro-plumbing product certification on behalf of two major conformity assessment bodies prior to joining IAPMO R&T.
Under this program, IAPMO R&T offers certification to the requirements of the following standards:
• UL 1563, 5th ed. Issued: 03/08/04, Revised: 04/30/08 — Electric Spas, Equipment Assemblies, and Associated Equipment
• UL 1951, 1st ed. Issued: 04/25/94, Revised: 10/24/08 — Electric Plumbing Accessories
• UL 1795, 3rd ed. Issued: 03/30/99, Revised: 09/22/06 — Hydromassage Bathtubs
• UL 1431, 2nd ed. Issued: 11/22/96, Revised: 03/26/07 — Personal Hygiene and Health Care Appliances
• UL 1081, 6th ed. Issued: 01/29/08, No Revision — Swimming Pool Pumps, Filters, and Chlorinators
• CSA C22.2 No. 218.1 M89, Update 2 & 3, 12/06 —Spas, Hot Tubs, and Associated Equipment
• CSA C22.2 No. 218.2 M93, Update 2, 04/06 — Hydromassage Bathtub Appliances
• CSA C22.2 No. 14-05, Update 2 & 3, 04/08 —Industrial control equipment
• CSA C22.2 No. 68-92, R2004 —Motor- Operated Appliances (Household and Commercial)
• CAN/CSA-B45.10-01, Update 2, 10/02 —Hydromassage Bathtubs
• CSA C22.2 No. 64- M91, R2003, 6th ed. —Household Cooking and Liquid-Heating Appliances
• CSA C22.2 No. 224 M89, 1st ed. Gen Inst. 1-2 — Radiant Heaters and Infrared and Ultraviolet Lamp Assemblies for Cosmetic or Hygienic Purposes in Nonmedical Applications
• CSA-C22.2 No. 108-01, Update 2, 03/03 — Liquid Pumps
• UL 507 —Electric Fans
• UL 778 — Motor-Operated Water Pumps
• UL 499 —Electric Heating Appliances
• UL 126 — Electric Water Heaters for Pools and Tubs
• UL 1241 — Junction Boxes for Swimming Pool Luminaires
• UL Subject 379 — Outline of Investigation for Transformers for Fountain, Swimming Pool, and Spa Luminai
• UL 676 — Underwater Luminaires and Submersible Junction Boxes
• UL 875 — Electric Dry-Bath Heaters
• UL 399 — Drinking-Water Coolers
• CSA-C22.2 No. 113 — Fans and Ventilators
• CSA-C22.2 No. 72 — Heater Elements
• CSA C22.2 No. 120 — Refrigeration Equipment
• CSA C22.2 No. 89 — Swimming-Pool Luminaires, Submersible Luminaires and Accessories
• CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 164 — Electric Sauna Heating Equipment
Two major clients have already initiated the certification of their products in this field with IAPMO R&T. Based upon the expected growth in this market, the electro-plumbing program will grow very rapidly as manufacturers seek credibility and speed for their product certification.
Furthermore, IAPMO R&T Lab recently expanded its facility to offer testing for electro-plumbing products, giving clients the money- and time-saving option of getting all of their necessary services under the same roof.
Since 1936, Authorities Having Jurisdiction have trusted IAPMO R&T to certify plumbing products that meet the
required standards. For more information on electro-plumbing product listings, contact Tony.Zhou@iapmoegs.org or call (877) 4UPC-MARK.