Bengaluru, India – GreenPlumbers USA and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) have announced collaboration for the creation and administration of GreenPlumbers India, an innovative national training and accreditation program designed to assist Indian plumbing contractors/engineers in understanding their role in environmental conservation and public health. The Indian Plumbing Association (IPA) will actively support GreenPlumbers USA to ensure the success of this innovative program within each region of India.
IAPMO-India, IAPMO’s business unit within the nation, will administer the program throughout India in cooperation with the IPA and GreenPlumbers USA leadership. GreenPlumbers India will train and deploy a green army of thousands of plumbing engineers/contractors to promote the benefits of water conservation and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, ultimately seeking a cultural change in consumer and plumbing behavior through the use of energy efficiency and water saving technologies.
GreenPlumbers India’s program focuses on five modules, adjusted for the Indian market from GreenPlumbers USA’s successful existing program. (For instance, measurements are being converted to the Metric System, monetary denominations converted from dollars to rupees.) These modules are:
• Climate Care: Gas emission management for home and business, hot water heating, energy consumption, heating and cooling appliances
• Caring for Our Water: Water efficient products, reducing household water consumption, stormwater runoff pollution and prevention
• Water Efficient Technology: Recycled water, rainwater harvesting, graywater reuse, septic tanks, wastewater treatment systems
• Inspections and Report Services: Water and energy audits, commercial and residential buildings, master plan for future improvements
• Solar Hot Water: Solar hot water technology, retrofit sizing and installation
On Dec. 10-13, at IAPMO-India headquarters in Bengaluru, India, a lead instructor from GreenPlumbers USA will train the 15 instructors who will lead a nationwide schedule of four-day training sessions throughout 2010, educating a minimum of 1,500 to 2,000 plumbing engineers/contractors by year’s end. Upon successful completion of the training, demonstrated by the passing of a review exam, students will receive a wallet card and wall certificate identifying them as a GreenPlumber Accredited Professional. This accreditation is good for three years, at the conclusion of which the individual will be required to renew it through a recertification exam reflecting any updated technological advances and changes within the industry.
Allen Inlow, senior director of business and product development, IAPMO – email@example.com
Megan Lehtonen, director, GreenPlumbers USA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Abdul Matheen, director, IAPMO-India – email@example.com
Sudhakaran Nair, president, IPA – firstname.lastname@example.org