The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) on Oct. 28-29 will host Technical Committee meetings toward the ANSI-accredited consensus development of the 2015 editions of the Uniform Solar Energy and Hydronics Code™ (USEHC) and Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code® (USPSHTC). The meetings will be held at IAPMO’s World Headquarters West building in Ontario, Calif.
The technical committees, consisting of a broad coalition of industry experts — installers, inspection officials, contractors, engineers and manufacturers — will consider public proposals to amend the USEHC and USPSHTC in advance of the release of the 2015 editions.
The USEHC Technical Committee will consider the following topics:
• Addition of a hydronics chapter that correlates with the 2015 Uniform Mechanical Code® (UMC)
• Addition of a geothermal energy systems chapter
• Alternative engineered design that correlates with the UMC and Uniform Plumbing Code® (UPC)
• Drainage pan provisions
• Safety devices for pressure vessels and discharge piping
• Manifolds and heat emitters.
• Condensing and noncondensing boilers
• Drainback and thermosiphon systems
• Solar thermal system freeze and overheat protection that correlates with industry standards
• Controls requirements for solar thermal systems
• Pressure test requirements for solar thermal open-loop and closed-loop systems.
The USEHC is a model code developed by IAPMO to govern the installation and inspection of solar energy and hydronics systems as a means of promoting the public’s health, safety and welfare.
The USPSHTC Technical Committee will consider the following topics:
• Water slides, wave pools, leisure rivers, and spray grounds
• Secondary disinfection systems
• Building ventilation and indoor air quality
• Turnover times
• Chemical feed equipment
• Return inlets
The USPSHTC is a model code developed by IAPMO to govern the installation and inspection of both public and private swimming pools, spas and hot tubs to ensure the safety of their operation.
For questions about the USEHC, contact Hugo Aguilar by phone at (909) 472-4111 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the USPSHTC, contact Matt Sigler by phone at (909) 230-5535 or by e-mail at email@example.com.