The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO®) has released the hard-copy and electronic versions of its 2015 edition of the Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code® (USPSHTC). Both versions are available for purchase via the IAPMO web store.
Key provisions of the 2015 USPSHTC and changes from the 2012 edition include:
• New safety requirements for water slides, wave pools, leisure rivers, and spray grounds in order to prevent injuries
• New requirements for the construction of underwater benches, seats, and ledges for public swimming pools
• New requirements for secondary disinfection systems for public wading pools, catch pools, spray grounds, and therapy pools by ultraviolet light system or ozone system
• New requirements for building ventilation and indoor air quality for indoor aquatic facilities or venues
• New requirements for natatoriums to prevent the movement of moisture into building surfaces that can result in damage to the building structure
• New artificial or natural lighting requirements for public aquatic venues that provide minimum lighting levels to be maintained while in use in order to identify, below the water surface, bathers that are in distress or objects that could pose a danger
• New provisions for turnover times for water slides and catch pools, wave pools, leisure rivers, and spray grounds in accordance with industry standards
• New requirements for installation, design, and ventilation of chemical feed equipment in order to supply disinfectant and pH control chemicals to an aquatic facility while preventing the hazardous release of chlorine gas
IAPMO first developed and published the USPSHTC, which governs the installation and inspection of both public and private swimming pools, spas, and hot tub systems, in March 1967. Just like the 2009 and 2012 editions of this code, the 2015 USPSHTC was produced using the American National Standards Institute-accredited, open-consensus process.
For more information on the USPSHTC and/or the ANSI consensus process, please contact Enrique Gonzalez at (909) 230-5535 or email@example.com.