As of July 1, 2016, IAPMO began administering certifications and renewals for plumbing inspectors, mechanical inspectors, plans examiners, and California plumbing and mechanical inspectors.
What does this change mean?
• All certification renewals from July 1 to Nov. 30, 2016, will have an extended grace period until Dec. 1, 2016, to accommodate for the transition time.
• IAPMO is currently updating the website and certified professionals database for new and existing certifications. The update will focus on making the certification process more user friendly; any changes to the certification process will be effective as of Sept. 1, 2016.
• IAPMO is designing new and more flexible ways for future and current licensees to manage their certifications by recognizing approved Continuing Education and providing easy access to new renewal options and initial certification.
• Since the changes being made are significant, new certification testing will be on hold until Sept. 1, 2016.
• IAPMO is updating all certification procedures so that it is guided by, and integrated fully with, available training, making it easier to study and find guidance. However, we know that actions will speak louder than words. IAPMO will publish a free webinar where we walk you through the initial and renewal certification process. This webinar will be available at our Online Learning starting in September 2016.
• After Sept. 1, please visit our FAQ page for more information about these changes. Please check back at www.iapmo.org for updated information.
“We are excited about this new phase for the IAPMO Certification Program,” said Sherard Jones, Vice President of Education and Training Services at IAPMO. “As we look ahead to implementing our new infrastructure and processes, we will continue to provide the industry with the most established and technically sound standard for competency certification. We hope that our membership is pleased with this new direction and that our industry supporters can take advantage of it by partnering with IAPMO. We want to ensure our clients and certified professionals continue receiving excellent care.”
Please feel free to contact IAPMO at (877) 427-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.